Sunday, February 14, 2010

Telescope 8 Inch Reflector Cloud Bands Not Coming In Very Good At All On Jupiter?

Cloud bands not coming in very good at all on Jupiter? - telescope 8 inch reflector

I had an 8-inch Orion reflector telescope about 6 months. In the winter I can find some nice pictures of Venus, and was even able to see and the Orion nebulae.
During the summer months, but I could not have a good photo, particurarily on Jupiter. I see people in the world, with 10mm and 25mm eyepiece of the telescope came with bands and indistinguishable from clouds. The 25mm is clearly present, but the picture is much smaller and the eye is not really intended planet. The telescope is focused and concentrated, to the best that I can have, but the picture is much clearer. The moon looks good, but Jupiter is just different.

Is this normal for pictures Mist coming summer? Why can not I get cLear image of Jupiter? I live in PA is not the desert, where the sky is always clear. It seems that in the winter, I am the sights, but this summer I did not have a clear picture. I read about the absolute clarity in the book of my telescope. I understand that some nights I will not be able to provide a good image despite the weak eye. Is that what happens now?

This is another filter or lens to improve my image? I got the filter for the telescope, and I think they are ridiculously expensive. $ 125.00 for a small piece of plastic? Do I need? Looking for more in obtaining parts stronger economic and eyes of some astronomical imaging equipment is used.

1 comment:

Joe said...

During the summer months is below the ecliptic in the sky than in the winter months. There is also much more humidity in the air and turbulence. So the pictures are not so good.

Here on the east coast had very cold nights and then some already very good. That was long ago and the images are less clear.

Check your approach, it is possible that you focus on a segment, see the evil in the atmosphere and are a little short-term or long term. So try to be too long and too short to focus a little and then look at the picture. During the summer, sometimes good and is 2-5 times per second and will be ready.

Post a Comment